“Then Jesus said, ‘Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the kingdom of heaven belongs to those who are like these children.’” (Mt. 4:14)
This year God laid our new neighbors on our hearts. With the opening of this new middle school just across the street from Fullness, we began to consider how God might desire us to be a blessing to Pizitz, especially the faculty.
As the COVID 19 virus lingers on, teachers across the nation are carrying the heavy burden of trying to navigate the challenges of education during a pandemic. In these stressful times, we hope to be an extension of God’s kindness to Louis Pizitz Middle School.
Fullness members please scroll down to see how you can be a part of this exciting opportunity.
To Pizitz staff or faculty members: You are on our hearts here at Fullness. We would love to know how we can stand with you. Please let us know how we can be praying for you.
Teachers of Pizitz, how can we be praying for you?
To the wonderful members of Fullness Church: Perhaps your heart is open and willing to join this collective effort to love our neighbors. If that is the case…
1. Please Consider Praying for Pizitz: The school is currently running on an “alternating day schedule” in order to reduce exposure levels to COVID. As you can imagine, this schedule poses incredible challenges to teachers as they seek to make the most of the time they have with the students.
- Pray that God would continue to give these teachers a fresh love for their students and strength to navigate the rest of this semester during which policies and safety measures may be subject to change.
- Pray that the felt presence of Christ would be theirs.
- Pray that God would redeem the time for these students so that they continue to learn and develop in spite of the present challenges.
- Pray that God would give wisdom to the administration, especially to Dr. Chris Pennington, the principal of Louis Pizitz Middle School.
2. Please Consider writing a note of encouragement: Our plan is to begin sending hand written notes of encouragement and prayer support personalized to teachers serving Pizitz. These hand written notes will come with a small love gift (perhaps a gift card to a coffee shop) to encourage the teachers of our community in a time when education is harder than ever. If you are interested in writing a note, please let us know so that we can give you a list of faculty names.
3. Please consider giving towards the effort: As mentioned above, we plan to slip a small love gift into the personalized notes sent to teachers. We’ve set up a fund on our giving page called “Blessing PIZITZ” to go towards the cause.